Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Julia Child`s Gingerbread Cookies

I`ve had Julia Child`s cookbook in my collection for years.  Don`t recall when or where I purchased it, but from the looks of the cover I`m guessing a used book shop.



I was looking for a new gingerbread cookie recipe and decided to see how easy hers was.  The recipe she provides can be used for houses, cookies, and gingerbread men.  Even for a novice like myself, her recipe was straightforward to follow and is one of the best tasting gingerbread recipes I've ever tried.  Here's the recipe straight out of her book.


I was actually lucky enough to have all the ingredients except the cardamom.



But I'll be honest with you and tell you I have no idea what that is.  Anyway, bake them at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes depending on how thick you make your cutouts.  Mine were probably too thick but still finished around the 18-20 minute mark.


We didn't bother to decorate them (with the exception of dipping a couple in melted chocolate, yummy!).  The dough was perfectly cooked and they tasted just as good finished as they did when stealing bits of the raw cookie dough.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...