Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lamb Outing

Today I let mother ewe and her ewe lamb outside for the first time.


Her ram lamb became my bottle lamb after she rejected him.  He was all legs so we nicknamed him Stilts.


He has so won my heart.


Anyway, I had already taken him outside yesterday as I wanted to make sure he associates with the flock and understands he is a sheep and not a human...or worse, a dog.  With his sister outside I figured what better time then to reinforce his flock bond.

Stilts has now adopted himself to me and when out with the flock doesn't mistake another mother ewe as his own.

The two older black lambs are first to greet him.

My pasture teddy bear of course couldn't resist giving a little affection.

His mother and sister.  

Since he shadowed me around the pasture and not mingling with the other lambs or sheep, I left him abandoned among st them.

Surprisingly, my ewe Beth was the first adult to show him some love.

Then his sister sat down next to him and the large ewe lamb born a couple days earlier also joined them.

Sister gives her little brother some loving.

Mom comes over to investigate and for the first time did not try to kill him.

Blossom decided to give the lambs some loving also.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...