Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Goodbye Willow

One of the changes I have made on the farm is the livestock.  Mainly, I have decided to focus on sheep only.  So before winter struck I rehomed all my regular sized horses.  Farm Girl sold one of hers and held onto the other,  We downsized on the miniatures as well but as the long cold winter progressed and lambs started arriving over these snowy days, I made the decision to rehome all the horses.  Though I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to be completely rid of them so am keeping one behind, Pixie my favourite.

Yesterday was the first of the remaining horses to leave.  We found Willow a home with other miniatures and hobby animals as she was accustomed to that environment here.  It's always sad to say goodbye but also a weight off my shoulder as that is one less mouth to feed. It's responsible farming when you look at the bottom dollar at the end of the day rather than having something just because you want it.  Yes horses are beautiful to look at in the field or pasture but those animals don't pay back their keep and since I do this now for income rather than hobby I must look at all livestock coming onto the farm in that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...