Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Electronet

There are very few times in the day that I utter the words, "I hate my job".  But when I do you can rest assured that I am working on the electronet and not with the sheep themselves.  I move it every 2-3 days, depending on how big the area I give them to graze, but it seems every time I do, I'm cussing and cursing the inventor of the electronet.

Light green areas already grazed, darker green to be grazed yet.
Not that I hate it or think its a piece of junk because I don't, it works fantastic.


Once the animals have felt the shock of the fence, they rarely test it again. I do prefer the white fence over the orange fence.


I own both and as you can see, the white fence is more visible and noticeable by the sheep. It also has more rigid vertical lines which stand up better without extra support.


The orange fence blends in more with nature and though great for photo taking, does cause accidental run ins with the sheep.  It is made up completely of ropes except for the plastic posts and require additional portable posts I had to buy extra to help support it.


Both are cumbersome to handle, tangle easily, and rip easily.  When gathering them up, it is almost impossible as my hands are too small.  One hand is to collect while the other gathers.  One hand is not large enough to gather.  And without fail I get my feet caught in the net and find myself falling over on my behind.  Hence is my reasons for cussing and cursing the electronet.  But it keeps Samson and his sheep in and happy, so all is well.  Cause nothing is worse then a missing animal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...