Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Accomplishment

Today I rode all three of my rideable horses.  Yes, that would mean I rode Aussie!


Aussie is my big, lovable teddy bear of a horse.  But my few short experiences riding him last year, left me uneasy on his back.  So I didn't feel comfortable jumping up onto him particularly with Farm Girl away, so he was delegated to pet only and I enjoyed him in the field but that was it.  Until today.  I conquered my fears and pulled him in out of the pasture, tacked him up, and feeling unusually brave, mounted him. 


I tacked Chase up for hubby and we went riding together.  It was a first.  Hubby doesn't ride but was willing to try.  Of course I wasn't going to let that slide or he may change his mind and never mount a horse again.  It turned out to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...