Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Goats Now

So I was pretty certain none of the goats had taken...then I thought maybe some had...then I vetoed that...then I thought maybe just Faun had taken...then I thought otherwise.  And now, now I'm thinking she's expecting yet again.  And perhaps Jadis.

When I went into their stall tonight I noticed all the flat bellies.  Hay bellies had all disappeared.  Except Faun.  She was bigger than the rest.  And Jadis wasn't too skinny herself.  One of the reasons I vetoed my goats being pregnant was no obvious sign of a baby bump.  However the girls are all consistent with bloating and deflating in unison.  When one gets fat, they all get fat.  When one gets skinny, they all get skinny.  But tonight, they were all skinny except Faun.  And maybe Jadis.

So we pulled them up into the milking stand and took photos of their development in the posterior region for future reference.


This is Jadis's keister and you can see she is far too hairy to notice any development.  It is minimal but I definitely noticed something.  Whether it was something or not is another matter.


And this is Faun's back end.  It is not the clearest photo but she is showing more obvious signs of an udder development.  Or at least what I think looks like one.  But then again, she's been looking like this for a while now so who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...