Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Goodbye Pond!



At last a decision was made about the pond.  The previous owners had built it without any inspection and was not up to code.  I would have loved to have turned it into a pool but the walls were two inches below code and one wall was 26" too short compared to the other three walls.  Besides, every quote we got was far too expensive to convert it from pond to pool.  It sat empty for a year because I either had my son accidentally fall in it and drown or fall in and break his arm or worse break open his skull.  Since he doesn't know how to swim I took my chances with keeping it empty.  After that it just became an eye sore.  And a breeding ground for mosquitoes and frogs. But not any more.  No it will become more lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...