Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

One More Down


Yesterday I delivered Tex to his new home.  It turned out to be more sad then I anticipated.  Tex was always extra cargo.  He came to our farm via his mother, Willow.  The previous owners wouldn't separate them as she felt Tex was too young.  We took him thinking we'd just resell him when he got older.  Easier said then done.  Nobody wanted an unregistered non-gelded colt.  So he continued to live with us and bond with us until he reached a year and a half old.  During the summer I noticed he was beginning to mount mom, so he was separated from the herd and has been living by himself ever since.  I always felt rather bad about that but he was a brave independent little guy who didn't seem to mind.  But the time finally came (aka approaching winter and winter feeding costs) that he had to go.  I posted him again offering him free to a good home.  Of course, then I got a lot of interest.  I decided on a man not far from us who lived on a small hobby farm along with a number of goats, pigs, chickens and rabbits.  Tex would rule the farmyard.  As we said our farewells, I felt a pang of sadness.  He came to me a wild little pony, but he was leaving a quiet sweet and lovable stallion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...