Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Little Red Wagon

I will admit something I struggled to admit to myself.  I'm no spring chicken anymore.  I don't have the stamina I had at one time.  I began to notice it most when moving and carrying heaving items combined was next to impossible.  I made it upstairs to the loft THREE times with a bale of straw before I conked out and could no longer go on.  The other day I attempted to muck out a stall and empty the wheelbarrow into the manure pile but was only successful with one trip.  I know my aging body is the culprit and not that I am that old, but my limitations are revealing themselves.  And I'm not happy about it.  I rather enjoyed knowing I could do the work by hand that others would use a piece of machine for. But if I want to continue this job that I love so much, I know that I have to engage the help of some equipment.  Perhaps not big powerful machines, but certainly any that can help relieve my manpower, being it myself or Farm Girl's as I really don't want to see her burn out too early in age either.

So the day that I found taking one more load of bedding to the manure pile would probably kill me, I hit Kijiji looking for what I needed.  And I found it.  Meet my little red wagon.


It's by no means big but it takes the same amount of load as my wheelbarrow but can be hauled away by our lawnmower.


And it even dumps. Yes, we still need to muck out the stalls manually but it really was the hauling the full wheelbarrow over to the manure pile that nearly killed me.  And when you are mucking out deep bedding, believe me, that is a lot of walking. Some of those loads weighed well over 200lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...