Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Redecorating

Every year around this time I get a sudden urge to redecorate.  Last year I tore down the built-in eye sore wall unit in my front living room and repainted the whole room a warm tan colour just in time for Christmas.


This year the Christmas tree is going back into the huge family room since Oldest is not boarding dogs here any longer.  I'm so excited to get my room back after nearly a year and a half.  It is a huge room, around 600 square feet.  I've envisioned a sectional in there since we moved here.  So I hit kijiji and started surfing and searching for just the right one.  I found it over a 3 hour drive away, but it was so worth the $600 I paid for it which included the price of gas.


It seats my entire family and then some.  I couldn't be more happy with it.  I am a huge fan of kijiji, especially when I'm able to score an item such as this.  The other item we bought from kijiji for the family room was this surround entertainment unit for our big screen tv.


No particle board here, it is nice and heavy real wood.  And cost me a mere $100.  The leather chair was also purchased off kijiji for $40.  It is so true.  One man's junk, is another man's treasure.  Though I hardly think anyone thought these items were junk.  Most simply didn't fit into new decor or house.  Actually, when hunting, moving is the first word I type into my search engine. Those are the best deals as those people are looking to get rid of their items quickly and are willing to negotiate on the price.  I'm looking next to finishing my kitchen and dining room and am confident I will find exactly what I am envisioning off kijiji at a third of what it would cost me full price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...