Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

All By Myself



Bridget Jones is one of my favorite movies.  The opening scene of Bridget sitting in her apartment all by herself down and depressed and feeling lonely resonated with me.  Not sure why because in all my 47 1/2 years on this planet I have never been alone.  Perhaps it's the fear of being alone.  Which would explain why I stayed in a loveless marriage for 27 years.

But that is all about to change for an entire month!!  Alright, going by my boy's reaction when I dropped him off at his dad's for the summer makes me have serious misgivings that it will be an entire month.  He'll probably be home in a week.  So I will be all by myself for a week!!  Seriously, you have no idea what that is like a for a person who has never, ever, been alone.  In 47 and half years.  How do I make a meal for one person?  What's it really like in the house at night all alone?  Is it really indecent to romp around the house in my undies?  Oh the questions?  The experiences.  The self-discoveries.  Yes, I admit it, I am seriously looking forward to this.  I'm going to spend my days writing, writing and writing some more.  I may even read a little.  Oh and play with the new pygmy.  All by myself.

But I know me and I know how much I love my family and like having them close.  By the end of the week I'm sure the boy won't be the only one singing "Don't want to be by myself anymore"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...