Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

New Ewes

Last night, my new ewes were delivered. I ended up buying only 8 but plan on going back in a couple weeks to buy a few more.

There are two dorset and four rideau crosses and two mixed commercial breeds that probably have some rideau in them.


They are all around 3-4 years old which makes them nice and experienced and hopefully throw me some duplicates. They've been exposed to a ram for the past month so fingers crossed they are bred.

We also bought some cats. Yes, not very exciting news, but my barn was infested with rats over winter. We put out traps and poison but they just were not going away, so I finally relented and bought four working cats. Now I use the word "bought" and "working" lightly because two of them are males and two are still young so not sure how much "work" I'll get out of them. I've already lost track of the two males. They are, however, not tom cats as they came to me fixed. There are people and organizations who visit farms and "trap" wild cats then take them to the vet to get fixed and vaccinated. The cats themselves were actually free I just had to pay the price of gas to the city where the volunteering vet was located. So now, I think, I have four cats living in my barn. At least I hope so and they haven't deserted me and wandered off to greener pastures. That's always a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...