Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Back on Track

It has been nearly two years since the day we sold our flock of sheep and my marriage ended. It wasn't a large flock by any means, but it was a good starter flock. When I sold them, there were about 50 ewes and about 40 lambs. When I was forced to sell them, I was so disappointed you wouldn't believe, but I had no choice. I had gotten in over my head and the liability risk was too great for me. However I vowed I'd get the flock back and get back on track and continue to grow the flock once again.

As I blogged in my last post, we bought a bunch of sheep and have now about 28 breeding ewes. What I didn't mention was that I was in talks with one of the farmers I bought a flock from about getting some more ewes from him. The plan is to buy about 20 more in the summer bringing my head count back to nearly 50 ewes--my goal for the end of 2016. To my surprise, he offered to let me take them now and pay him whenever I had the money. He was too busy and wasn't able to keep up with his huge flock. I, of course, jumped at the chance, thrilled to make a deal with him, and welcomed 20 more ewes into my barn this morning.


I didn't want to mention anything in the previous post because I didn't want to jinx anything and for whatever reason it didn't happen. But they are here and both me and Farm Girl are thrilled to have our numbers back at where we left off before our venture into sheep farming came to an abrupt end. Fingers crossed I haven't gotten in over my head again and that this is the beginning to a successful future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...