Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Fools

I don't know who's the bigger fool, me or my hubs.  I saw this hay feeder for sale online and thought it would be perfect for the horses so we went down to look at it and my reaction was that it was way too big to take home on the pickup truck.  But once my hubs seen it, he just had to have it.  The farmer we bought it from insisted we could not only get it on the pickup but take it home no problem.  Ha.  Relying entirely on this farmer's judgement, I allowed him to load it on the back of our pickup truck with his tractor.  That should have been a big clue right there.  If he needed a tractor to load it, how the heck would we ever unload it on our farm?  We don't own a tractor.  But as I said, hubs really wanted it and when hubs gets something in his head that he isn't leaving without an item he really wants, he will do anything to make it happen.  So on went the hay feeder onto our truck and believe it or not, we actually got it home.


It was well after dark when we actually unloaded it off the truck however.  It took all our imagination and muscle to get the job done.  Well almost done.  Hubs thought it would "cushion" the fall off the pickup by placing some hay bales underneath.  But that only meant it's now stuck sitting on top of the hay bales.  Oh well, at least it is off the truck.  I'm going to have to come up with some creative thinking to get it from the hay bale, to it's destination in the horse's pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...