Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spring Day

What I did on this beautiful spring day.  Built a temporary shelter for one of my rams, Dodge, as the new ewes are getting closer to lambing and we'll need the extra leg space so the boys are moving out of the barn.

We built another temporary shelter in the wood shed/chicken coop.


It will be the temporary stop for new animals on the farm, sick animals, and for now, Durango's temporary digs.



It was such a beautiful spring day, we hated that none of the goats or sheep could come out to enjoy it.  So we brought some of the baby goat kids out to play instead.


Of course it didn't take long for us to realize neither mom or babe were comfortable with that scenario, so Farm Girl went back and retrieved a mom.


That worked.  All were happy bouncing little goats.


Who loved discovering their "goatness".


After they finished playing and returned to the barn and their pen, we tackled another project.  I wanted to refurbish an old hay feeder for the horses outside. With the mud season upon us, and having destroyed the feeder I had placed in the pasture prior to winter, I needed something that would get the hay off the ground.  Looking around at what I had on the property, I came across the old feeder.  The sheep had pulled off 80% of the badly welded bars on the feeder.


So I used some left over fencing and wrapped it around the remaining bars on the feeder.


It's sitting in the old chewed up feeder the horses destroyed over winter until we can get it staked to the ground.


It has been so nice lately that I have my fingers crossed for an early spring.  Maybe, just maybe we'll get the animals out to pasture before May.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...