Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I heard on the radio that only 60% of people celebrate Valentine's Day.  I guess that puts me in the other 40%.  Or at least it would if I didn't have a 9 year old who thinks every holiday is like Christmas.  Not that he is expecting gifts but he won't let a holiday pass without us celebrating it.  So when I got up this morning and wished him a big smile and a "Happy Valentine's Day!" I was truly hoping that was celebration enough.  But the sad little expression on his face told me otherwise.

So as I had to run into town to pickup feed and supplies, I made a quick dash into the pharmacy where I bought the largest Valentine's Day card they had.  Another stop at the grocery store and bakery department and I had a sweet cinnamon bun breakfast to go with it.  I went home, covered my Bambino with kisses and hugs, presented him with his fattening breakfast and humongous card, then reminded him that Valentine's Day or not, the animals needed to be fed, stalls needed to be cleaned and animals needed to be turned out for the day.  He nodded with his mouth covered in cinnamon and frosting but with a huge smile on his face before heading outdoors.  Oh how I love that kid.

Happy Valentine's Day Bambino!


And to the other 60% of you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...