Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Electric Fence and Foal Update

I finally got my electric fence working on the portable pen for the sheep however sheep are wily little things and don't let a little thing like electricity stop them!  They crawled under it, leaped it and even knocked it down.  The only ones who actually respected the electric fence were the goats!  And here I thought goats were the difficult ones to contain!


It seemed such a waste of time and space for three little goats so I brought in Sierra and Pixie for company.


Speaking of Pixie...still no foal.  We are at 342 days and this is where we are at.  Belly has dropped more.


Actually, if it weren't for the dropped belly I would not know she was pregnant.  From behind she does not look in foal whatsoever.


And not much different from the front either.


What udder she had developed a couple weeks ago has all but vanished and her vulva doesn't look much different. Maybe a little longer but not much.


Truth is, I keep searching the pasture for a dead foal because she looks so not pregnant any more...with the exception of the dropped belly.


I should think any day now we will have a foal on the ground...hopefully alive and not dead as I fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...