Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cutting Back

Yesterday I tackled the job of cutting back the overgrown bushes in the front of the backyard porch.  There's a nice ornamental bush in there that has been overrun by two larger bushes next to it that I wanted to display as well as open up the porch so that I can enjoy the view when drinking my morning tea.  Here's how it looked before I started sawing away.


Not sure if you can see the ornamental bush in there amonst the dead weeds and bushes.  We had cut back quite a bit last year but I knew that those two bushes had to go.  So I pulled out the electric chainsaw and started chopping away.


Even with the first bush gone, it began to look much better. (And why yes, those are goats on my porch---doesn't everyone have goats running about their porch free nilly?  No?  Neither do I but those buggers can sometimes be hard to contain.)


And there you have it!  Last bush gone.  Huge improvement.  Today's project is to trim the ornamental bush and the large bush to the right.


And to tackle next the huge trees blocking my front porch.


As this is the view it's blocking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...