Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Downsizing

I love my miniature horses.  I do.  And if I were a rich woman I would keep them all.  But I'm not.  So sadly we are saying goodbye tomorrow to Meadow the mini on the left.


She was one of my favourites and a hard one to give up but owning horses especially miniature ones is not part of my plans.  The petting zoo is on hold if not done altogether.  We are focused on growing our farm in a sustainable manner and hope to make it profitable and by achieving that, miniatures will only bring the buttom dollar down so they have to go.  However, at the moment anyway, Pixie (who still has not foaled) is the exception.


She's a personal family favourite and small enough to bury the cost of her hay portion.  Besides, one of the perks of living in the country is being able to keep animals like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...