Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Maybe

The Bambino has decided to try his hand with larger animals which is good because he will be signing up for 4H for the first time this year and I was hoping he would choose an animal bigger than a rabbit.  Though even after the lost of his first litter, he surprisingly hasn't given up on rabbits all together.  I thought he might.  But he likes them and wants to keep going.  So that's great.  I'm pleased he doesn't give up so easily.

He began joining me in the barn at feeding time.  Since the goats and sheep might possibly, finger-crossed, god-willing, potentially, maybe be pregnant we have started them on grain.  I have a poor setup for my girls so in order to ensure each one gets their fair share, we feed them individually.  Someday soon, a proper feeder is on the top of my to-do-list.  Meanwhile, it's one at a time.


Yes, my kiddo's do morning chores in their jammies!  Doesn't everyone??


He's such a clown!

Anyway, we opened up the divider between two stalls and gave the girls more room.


They don't really need it but since I have it, I may as well give it to them.  I am hoping to use the dividers to build a lambing pen---you know, just in case.  We also administered their pre-kidding vaccinations---you know, just in case.


Now I am almost entirely sure the sheep won't be giving me any babies but the four older goats we are thinking babies are imminent.  Especially Gabby, the oldest goat.  She doesn't look pregnant but she feels it.  Her belly is hard and round and today when administering her shot, we checked her nipples and got milk.


And speaking of feeders, we finally installed hay feeders in all the horse stalls.  


Two stalls already had feeders but the other two didn't.  We had them and all but they were just sitting around cluttering up the barn as we mistakenly used the screws for them on the goat/sheep pen instead.  Funny, sometimes you think you are all caught up on chores around the farm, but then discover there is always something else that needs to be fixed, mended, installed, or built.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...