Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Permanent Residence

As I mentioned before, I wasn't ready to bring home any sheep yet. Meaning, I hadn't figured out a plan where I was keeping them. When I unexpectedly brought the rescues home, I threw them in a horse stall but new that would be temporary.

After I had time to let them settle in and survey my set up, I decided to put them in the back stall where a small passage separated the miniatures stall out in the barn's run in. I booted the minis out and opened up the passage.


Its more room then they need but it served two purposes. One, it provides more space for more ewes in the future; and two once I'm done properly securing the pasture fence, they can go directly outside from the run in. This is the stall inside the run in.


The stall is actually two horse stalls opened to be one. Next spring, it will also act as a nursing pen for both Pixie (fingers crossed for a foal) and for lambing season.


The exit from the run in to the sheep's pasture makes this set up very convenient.


For now, the plan is they are to share it with the miniature horses. Until either flock or herd grows too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...