Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Broody

Several weeks back I answered an add for two free broody chicks. I thought it would be easier and cheaper to raise my own chickens in the spring than having to order some from the hatchery. You know you are taking a chance on anything when it is free, but the woman wasn't exaggerating. These hens are broody.  They started brooding nearly the moment they arrived at my farm.


The one in the back more than the one in the foreground. She won't let us anywhere near her eggs. Actually, I'm not sure if the one in the front is broody at all or she's just imitating her friend there and pretending to brood.


I'm not sure if chicks can be hatched this late in the summer, but we'll find out in a couple more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...