Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

See How My Tomato Grows...And a Delicious Angel Food Cake Recipe

My first tomato has sprouted!  I'm so excited, can't wait for the other crops to start popping up.


Yesterday, I made my first angel food cake.  It was divine.


Want the recipe?  Here it is.

Ingredients

12 egg whites
1/2 cup cake flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tblsp vanilla

1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Separate egg whites.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt and 3/4 cup of the sugar.
4.  In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
5.  Add the cream of tartar to the whites and continue beating until you form a soft peak.
6.  Add remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and beat until forms peak.
7.  Slowly pour in the flour mix.
8.  Add vanilla
9.  Power batter into a well greased tube pan.  Tap on counter to even out and remove bubbles.
10.  Cook 50-55 minutes until golden.  Remove and let cool.

I usually don't post recipes on this blog because I'm not a real great chef, but lately I've been having so much fun baking and cooking that you may just see a lot more recipes here.  Today I plan to make french baguettes.  Will post the results and the recipe when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...