Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Atlas Nitrile

About a week ago, I read a blog (sorry don't remember who or where) that highly recommended a pair of garden gloves called Atlas Nitrile 370.  At the time I read the blog, I was frustrated dealing with my own garden gloves that had sprung a hole right at the tip of my right index finger. Of course I am right handed, driving me crazy as dirt was getting in that hole and under my nail.  I took interest in the blog recommendation but had never heard of the glove and didn't recall ever seeing it before.  Figuring it was available only in the states, I put it off and literally a day or two later went into the TSC store for some supplies and while there headed for the garden glove display.  The gloves that had sprung a hole were not that very old and I was frustrated to be back again.

Then rifling through all the pairs of gloves I suddenly came across a rack of Atlas Nitrile 370 gloves!  Man was I excited.  Even more so when I realized the price on them was $8.99 and the price on the gloves which sprung a hole was $15.99.  So if they didn't work out, I figured at least I didn't spend a whole lot of money for them. However, I have put them through the ringer in the last week.


From weeding in gravel, digging out thorny weeds, carrying branches, and even getting the finger in one caught in the shift gear of my lawnmower.  Not so much as a tear.  And here is another huge bonus.  On the palm of the gloves they have this nitrile coating that is almost plastic feeling.  On the back of the palm is your usual knitted material.  The type of material that burs easily stick to.  And when I'm pulling weeds on my property, my hand almost always comes back covered in burs.  Usually I need to remove the gloves and use my bear hands to remove the burs, but the nitrile material easily grabs the burs and remove them without them sticking.  Love it!  It may be a small thing, but burs are less of a nuisance when you have gloves that are virtually bur resistant.

Anyway, so Oldest has been helping me weed some of the flower beds and started using the old gloves that had sprung a hole.  I wouldn't have any of that and hurried out to buy her her own pair of Atlas Nitrile 370 gloves.


Believe me, she will thank me.  Then to my delighted surprise, I discovered they came in a men's version as well.


There will be so much weeding and gardening going on in my neck of the woods, we will be all cleaned up in no time.  Especially when you have garden gloves that can hold up to all the abuse we put them through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...