Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

My Challenge

This is the overgrown bushes, trees and weeds along the side of the house next to the lane way that is my next battle against our mosquito invasion.


Here is another section.


This is the view from the opposite side from the yard and behind my vegetable garden.


Just beyond the vegetable garden and to the left is a once beautiful rose garden that has way overgrown with weeds and has been sadly neglected this summer.


It now looks more like a weed garden then a rose garden.


To the left of the rose garden, is yet another overgrown garden behind the now empty pond.


The pond itself harbors many mosquitoes, larvae and not to mention is home to countless frogs, snakes, and I even saw a turtle down there this morning.  One would think with the number of frogs we have living here, we wouldn't have a mosquito problem.  But that isn't so.


The pond is my next huge challenge and I'm not looking forward to that.  We have been thinking all year what to do with that pond, but any ideas we can come up with have dollars signs--many of them--attached to them.

And finally this gives you an idea of how large this project is when looking at it from the lane way.  I had to paste two photos together to get it all in.


I took a good look at the area while taking these photos, determining which trees/shrubs were staying and which were going.  It is very daunting as many of the trees are obviously very old and huge and will more then likely stay.  But after the wonderful results of clearing the front garden, I'm anxious and excited to get started.

This post has been shared at The Prairie Homestead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...