Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Clearing More Brush

With all the weeding and brush cleaning, we decided to take down one of the large pine trees in front of the house.


I was able to do most of the clearing.  This was the front of the house before I began project cleanup.


This is how it looked after clearing away all that brush.


But that pine tree still had to go.  So I called in the muscle, aka the hubby.


While he went to work removing the tree, I supervised.


Haha, just kidding.  I actually did my fair share of chopping.  Me and my favourite tool, the reciprocating saw, cleared away all the lower branches so that hubs could get in with his chainsaw.  It took some doing but it finally came down.  We were shocked to discover a house behind all those shrubs and pine tree.


The bush on the left of the bay window will also be coming down, I just wasn't able to get to it with the pine tree in the way.  So far, however, we have seen a signifant change in mosquitos since clearing up the front yard.  We could actually sit or work in the area with barely a bug bite.  It was so nice.  But we are far from done.  The yard to the right of the house is our next challenge as it too has an overgrown garden that has grown into a forest.  Trees and bushes that when planted 20 something years ago, never thought in hindsight how close they were placed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...