Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Alteration

So I made a slight alteration to my chicken mobile.


I removed the tarp which was working and keeping the chickens from roosting, but it was a pain in the butt to open and close the coop door every day.  I'd have to remove the tarp, open the pen, place a board in front of the door, lug a very huge boulder over to sit in front of the door and then repeat all this when letting the chicks out in the morning.  So instead, I joined the dog pen together to form one big round exercise area for them, placing one of the pen doors in front of the coop door so that it is open to the inside of the pen.


I stapled that part of the pen right to the coop.  So all I have to do is open the pen door and the chicks can come and go freely into the coop.  


A bungy cord keeps the door open and also acts as an additional latch when they are closed up at night.  And the best part, there's no chance of roosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...