Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fried Mushrooms

It snowed all day yesterday making the roads slick.  Especially the road I live on.


I`m still pulling double duty as a chauffeur as we are still down to one vehicle.  Otherwise, I`d forget going anywhere and enjoy watching the freshly fallen snow from the comforts of home.


As winter driving goes, I`m not a bad driver.  Nearly thirty years of driving and I should be pretty good at it.  Better now with the four-wheel drive on the truck.


So as I pulled onto our road engrossed in my own deep thoughts, I had no worries about the road conditions.  

I turn to the kids and randomly say, "I could eat fried mushrooms for the rest of my life."  

Then like that I lost control of the truck and started spinning out.


My kids started screaming for their lives in the back seat, fearful we`d land in a ditch or worse hit a hydro pole or tree.  Somehow I managed to regain control of the truck and immediately shifted into four-wheel drive and able to get back on the straight and narrow.  The kids started babbling with relief about how close they were to dying (huge exaggeration here) and the only thing I could think of was that my last dying words I`d be remembered for was a declaration of a love of fried-mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...